[Dailydrool] Crazed bassets!

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 20:23:21 PST 2009

Are we near a full moon? All the boys have been in rare form here!!

Yesterday Joy came in, but Checkers & Cripsin refused to come in during
their afternoon romp! By refused, I mean flat out, 20 mins. screaming so
loud I hurt my throat, for them to come in, and the dumb butts wouldn't come
in! We're in IL, it was well below -20 yesterday and the crazy pups wouldn't
come inside to be warm!! Crispin, the spaniel, has a bit of a beard going on
under his chin, had that completely frozen solid by the time he finally
headed in.

Well all that was going on, I was cooking lunch & Joey decided to counter
cruise some butter! He's never gone after butter before, but he was
attacking it like a mad dog! Growled at me, even took a couple snaps at me!
I make it very clear that well growling is acceptable, attempting to bite
the hand that feeds you does NOT go over well!! I eventually traded some
cheese for the butter, which he had trampled into the rug in my parent's
room, and saved the wrapper, so at least he didn't eat that! The butter was
2 tbsp. at most, so that shouldn't have been enough to cause any problems.

Then, last night, one of the dogs, I'm guessing Joey, as he enjoys "doing
the dishes" decided to sink cruise & got some of mom's old tupperware that I
had dinner in, and chewed the entire top part off of it! It was literally
3/4 of the size by the time they were done w/it!! I think I found all the
pieces, picked them up & tossed them, so I don't think anyone actually
swallowed any of the plastic.

Then, this morning, I was getting ready for work, only to come out and find
the plush koala cover that was on my cellphone ripped off, and my cellphone
in 2 pcs. on the floor! I am assuming that Checkers, the notabuppyanymore
bagel, chewed it, as it resembles the remote control that we fished out of
his mouth a few months back (which still works!) I was able to reassemble
the phone, minus one tiny piece, and the plush phone cover (apparently he's
a stuffy toyaholic!) is slobbered, and has "basset lick," but is none the
worse for the wear. They also did the "we're going to stay outside forever,
irregardless of the sub-zero temps!" thing again!

Seriously, our boys are usually pretty subdued, so it's odd that they've
caused so much distruction in such a short span of time! Is it a full moon,
or are the OEBE's running a recruitment campaign that we a haven't heard
about?

--
-Karrie, momma to Joey, Aunty to Checkers & Crispin (wb)

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473