[Dailydrool] Dyson problem solving

Ida septnine at cox.net
Sat Jan 17 06:28:57 PST 2009

I have been reading the recommendations about the Dyson vacuum. My vacuum just wasn't picking up hair unless I got down on my hands and knees with the hose and "scrubbed".  I noticed that most of you loved your Dyson, but there was someone who said they didn't like theirs because it made noise like something was caught in the machine.  It seemed to happen on her area rugs. Well, I experienced the same thing, so I decided to call Dyson's customer service right away. Wella...problem solved! The representative told me that on area rugs and short napped carpets that sometimes happens because of the power of the machine. She actually didn't describe it that way, but it really doesn't matter because she told me what to do to solve this problem. All you do is remove the rubber gaskets around the brush assembly. So if you experience this problem, call Dyson's customer service and they will walk you through the procedure. My Dyson is working fine now and I no longer have to "scrub" my rugs anymore. I haven't learned how to use the attachments yet, but I have only had it two days now and if they attachments work like the upright, I know I will be pleased. FYI...Costco has $50.00 off right now.