[Dailydrool] 10 month old messing in crate?

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Sun Jan 18 07:51:56 PST 2009

When one of my dogs was young (not a basset) she would mess in her crate at night.  She was fine in the house during the day.   I finally put the divider that comes with wire crates in and made the crate so small all she could do was lay down.  There was no room for her to go unless she wanted to lay in it.

She learned quite quickly, the first night or two, to wait until morning.

Excited dribbling I've dealt with,   Excited diareahha, never.   Have you checked his anal glands?  Maybe adding fiber (canned pumpkin etc) to his food would help.

Cathy
www.summerhilldachshundsandbassets.com