[Dailydrool] failing kidneys

Linda1annewhee at aol.com Linda1annewhee at aol.com
Sun Jan 18 09:43:11 PST 2009

My foster dog Betsy has been dealing with failing kidneys for more then a
year now and at the moment she is doing great.  You probably need to get  your
vet to let you do sub Q's at home  It is not that hard to learn. I am  lucky as
Betsy has not gotten to that stage yet.  Try feeding her   boiled dark meat
chicken and rice and get a phosphorous  binder.   There are many on line but
for a quick fix use tums  This should improve  her appetite.  You can also give
her 1200 mil. of fish oil twice a day  along with 100 mg. of vitamin e  They
work together. Age is probably  working against you but this might help.
Please e mail me personally if  you would like more help.  There is lots that you
can try  A good web  site is dogaware,   and there is a support group on line
called _k9kidneys at yahoo_ (mailto:k9kidneys at yahoo)  ,com that is most  helpful.
You can also try 20/80% ground beef boiled.  You want a  higher fat content
for kidney dogs. There are other supplements that are great  too.  100 mg of
COQ10 has also been shown to lover the creatin values   I give Betsy two a day.
Also use distilled bottle water as tap water tend  to have enough chemicals to
add to the kidney problems. I know what you are  going through so please let
me know if you need more info. Trust me I have  researched this disease to
death
                                                        Linda, slave to
Betsy, Maggie and Daisy
steps!