[Dailydrool] Marley and Me

Karen Steflik k9casa at escapees.com
Mon Jan 19 09:19:53 PST 2009

We saw Marley and Me on Christmas Day and enjoyed it.   The whole
audience was bawling at the end and didn't try to hide it.

Two things that struck me were:  1)  it was the first time I liked a
movie better than the book because I thought he came off just plain
ignorant in the book; at least the movie was funny and goofy.   2)
The other thing nobody mentioned and I wish that the movie and/or book
would have done is a simple public education note that a crate/crate
training would have probably saved about 75% of this family's problems
from day one.  And if you get "kicked" out of obedience class (which I
have never seen at my obedience classes), try a different instructor/
class.  Who knows how many dogs that would have saved from the being
taken to the shelters???  They could have really done a nice public
service to the future or current dog owners of society.  However they
did show that no matter what you keep the doggie through thick and
thin and live up to your responsibility even when you move or life
gets hard, if at all possible.

Karen and the k9casa

Spike    www.dogster.com/?54883
Snowy  www.dogster.com/?56174