[Dailydrool] behind again

Anna P angelicpawlosia at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 19:28:29 PST 2009

Ok, so I promised myself that I would never be behind reading Drool, but it happened again and I have no good excuse for it, really.

Anyway....there are some things I wanted to write so here it goes:

To Annette who wrote about her Sophie getting OMG excited about chicken - Pepe is like that too minus the peeing. I started homecooking for Pepe some time ago and noticed that he LOVES chicken more than anything else. Everytime I cook beef he's asleep right by the stove, everytime I cook pork he's asleep by the stove, everytime I cook/fry fish, he's asleep by the stove BUT when I cook chicken it's like drooling-whimpering-drooling-whimpering then I grab his bowl drooling-barking-whimpering. CRAZY.

To Carmen - I really hope Kelvin's ears are better. He needs a break already! He should just be able to enjoy you, your family and the furry company he's got now.

Nadine! Congrats on having such an amazing girl at home. Jill - you did great! We're proud of you!

I was reading about scooting and well, Pepe does it like...once a month. I never really noticed his glands needed expressing, but I do get worried from time to time...
When he came to live with us - the first weeks, he did some self-expressing after a bath. He just pressed his butt against the armrest of our armchair and it all came out. Yuk!
After that I took him to the vet for a check up and asked about his glands but the vet checked it and said that everything looked fine.
When I bath him I always check the glands but they just never seem to be full.

I really wanted to change my carrier and go into volunteering first for some animal rescue and then becoming a vet's assistant/technician (after getting needed qualifications) BUT what Bev wrote about this thoughtless person who let their dog almost freeze to death makes me think that my carrier with my bad temper would be a very short one...I guess. So maybe I should just stick with education...

I am reading droolers' messages about Dyson - about how great it is and so on and it kind of urged me to look for one on the Asian market and guess what?????? I found a Dyson representative in Beijing and Shanghai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a chance for me to have a Dyson (I hope). Wish me good luck. Just sent email inquiring about their machines available:-)))

And the last thing I wanted to say is what DailyDrool means to me:
It means the world!
I joined the group several weeks after I lost my fist basset Lulu...he was so young, just 8 months, lost him to parvo...
I was devastated and all I could do was cry.
When I found the drool it was like I found somebody ( a lot of somebodies actually :-) ) who actually cared and who eventually made me laugh and took my mind off of feeling so miserable.
All the people around me in China, where like "you're crying because of A DOG???" so when I first joined the group and found a thread about a basset fairy and posted my story, so many drooler sent me emails saying how much they could relate and understand my saddness that was unbearable back then. I even remember Rebecca (Morse's mom) asked for Lulu's picture so that she could look at him along with Pumbaa and Morse's photos and I thought that it was so great - that Lulu will be remember not only by me, but by other basset lovers.
Throughout the whole time I experienced nothing but support, acceptance, advice, wisdom and pure love from people I never met - and that means the world to me.

Sending drool to all especially parents of Mabel who had to leave us so suddenly...

Anna, Pepe and Lulu ATB

      Get your preferred Email name!