[Dailydrool] Slower than a basset hound?

Kathy Kontrim kkontrim at pickeringinc.com
Tue Jan 27 15:28:30 PST 2009

     I haven't posted in a while and am behind on my Drools, so don't if this has been discussed.  My sister lives in St. Louis where they have Charter Internet provider.  She told me that they have a new commercial (new to her anyway) for their internet service.  There are 2 dogs, labs maybe, discussing the speed of their respective internet service.  Apparently one of the dogs says, "my internet connection is slower than a basset hound..."  Well, Oliver, lying belly-up on the couch, is offended!  Never mind that, at the dog park, he is a good 100 paces behind his black lab buddy.  His lollygag has purpose!  He has to investigate all of his surroundings.  (I'm not sure what his excuse is when summoned by his master (me!) from the backyard or from the backroom!)  Anyway, when food is involved, he hustles.
     Does anyone live in an area with Charter Net? (We don't have them in Memphis)  Have you seen this commercial?  I think it bruised Oliver's ego!

Thanks,
Kathy and Oliver A. Higgins (why move fast if no food is involved!)
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/380337