[Dailydrool] Slower than a basset hound & overweight bassets

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Wed Jan 28 10:10:54 PST 2009

For the human who wrote the "slower than a basset hound," I suggest that person try chasing a determined basset. How quickly the slogan would change to "slower than a human." I tried to chase one foster and our Jane and pretty much lost both times. I only kept up with our Alexis because she had arthritis. (Since I have previously posted about these events, I won't take up space here.)

Abner came to us way overweight. But for those who have senior hounds who need to chub down, I suggest Innova's senior food. Abs hit his perfect weight, eating this and few treats (he just loves treats). I actually had to switch Jane and Bel to something with more calories, because they lost too much weight on the Innova. So now the older two get Merrick's Turducken, while Abner gets Innova. I feed him a bit less than the other two, but he is smaller than they are.
Pam, with Drew, the slaves chasing the Dashing Bassets