[Dailydrool] A miracle ......DUH!

GalinkinSK at aol.com GalinkinSK at aol.com
Thu Jan 29 06:00:00 PST 2009

I know this topic has been discussed extensively but I had to share
this...This morning while we were all hanging on the bed Steven came in with a  bowl
of Cheerios for himself...Abe was asleep and when I can,I try to cut at  least
one nail at a time (this is all he will allow without trying to bite the  nail
clippers) So like every good slave I pulled out the nail clippers from my
nightstand ( I know everyone of you keep dog nail clippers in their bedside
tables..LOL) I started to cut a rear long nail when Abraham awoke...just as I
was cutting Steven threw him a Cheerio just because he was looking at him with
those pleading eyes.  ....WELL it worked like a charm...with each cut I  would
say ready and he would toss him a Cheerio.   It was truly a  blonde( I am a
redhead)  moment since Abe is so food motivated I should  have thought of it
before.  I was able to cut all his rear nails and even  increase the depth on
the great nail cutter with file I purchased a while ago  from one of the
rescues. We are going to try the front ones tonight with maybe  something a little
more enticing like turkey sausage....!!!  I am thrilled  as when I take him for
his nails we always have to muzzle him.

Shelley, Steven tossing Cheerios to Abraham, Abraham and Owen