[Dailydrool] Mona's Feeling Better

Monique Tecson moenizzle at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 15:43:47 PST 2009

Thank you all for slinging drool and for keeping my little houndy girl in your thoughts and prayers. Mona's feeling much better! No more accidents in the house too!

The doc did mention something about her urine screening results, and that is they found some "crystals" in her wee wee. He said that Mona needs to be on prescription food- Hills Prescription Diet C/D. It's to help regulate her urine and prevent these crystals from forming into kidney stones. I did some research on this food and I wasn't too excited about it, particularly because the first ingredient listed was corn. Plus, it's a little expensive! I'm a little budget-conscious these days...

I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who has had the same experience with their dogs and this food and if it's really worth switching over. Kinda going against doctor's orders here, but I wanted to consult with the drool to see what other options I could consider. Right now she's on Wellness Super5 and is doing well on it!

Shout out to Rosie and  Grampa Mitchell and others who are currently sick! Hope you feel better!

Thanks,

Monique