[Dailydrool] Bladder Stones & C/D Formula

Elsamarie5 at cs.com Elsamarie5 at cs.com
Fri Jan 30 14:17:08 PST 2009

Monique,
I have used the Hill's Science Diet C/D formula for Elsa, my 8 yo Dachshund
Diva because of bladder stones. At first, she had to use the S/D formula to get
rid of a bladder FULL of stones, then she switched to C/D for maintenance and
she's had no more problems for almost 2 years. I can't give her any treats or
other foods, it changes the urine ph, but she does very well on it. She has
no allergies, has kabootles of energy and best of all, No More Stones :)
There was a ghastly procedure that my vet tried to flush the stones out of
her bladder but it didn't do the job and was very stressful for both of us.
If any other Droolers have good experience with alternate diets, I'd be glad
to hear about them also. Hope you get good results and no more stones, they
are very painful and keep infection going until they are gone. The C/D formula
is pricey but not as much as urine tests and meds, etc.

Judy & Archie (my Basset Boy) in Fresno, (Elsa says she's glad to hear Doxies
aren't the only ones that have this problem !! )