[Dailydrool] FW: A GREAT DAY FOR RESCUE!!!!!

Shirley snoozinhounds at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 30 17:19:49 PST 2009

Subject: A GREAT DAY FOR RESCUE!!!!!

Today was a good day, no actually it was a GREAT day.  Among all the bad
things that have happened the last few weeks today brought a ray of sunshine
that I would like to share with my fellow droolers. After seeing the post by
Debbie about senior Beckie needing to get off death row we went to work
trying to get her out of the shelter (who only had great things to say about
her.)

So today was that day and sweet Beckie came to DROOPY Basset Rescue.  Since
she was just pulled this morning  we have only an inkling of her personality
and quirks but first reports are that she is a sweet girl, she had a bath
and teeth were brushed and no snapping or growling even though we did
exactly what we tell new adopters not to do and that is get in their face.
She does not seem to be afraid or  timid, so far is getting along with the
other fosters in the home and as old dogs will do seems to have found a soft
place to nap.(on the sofa with the foster's husband and under a blanket)

Now for the other side of the coin, her teeth are terrible and the breath
would knock you over.  She has a lump on her tail that needs to be seen and
removed and a couple fatty cysts.  She is frighteningly thin with hardly a
fat layer so she will have a complete blood panel done on Monday when she
visits with the vetman just to make sure that she is in good health.   So
thank you all for caring about her and if you would like to help with her
medical care as Debbie has suggested please go to the website at
www.droopybassetrescue.com and make a donation.  Please keep paws crossed
and prayers prayed that the lump on her tail is nothing more than a cyst and
not anything serious.

Every rescue has elderly dogs in their care and they are usually the last to
be adopted although I can't imagine why.  Senior dogs are the best, they are
usually housebroken, calm, and looking for love!!

They give so much more than you can imagine and even when they might only
have a few years to love you they give it their all and ask so very little
in return.  I live with senior hounds and they give me more love, hope and
companionship they you can imagine.  Please consider a senior hound if you
are considering a hound in your life.  And if you can help out a little with
Sweet Beckie it would be appreciated.  Thanks all of you for the caring
DROOL community.

Shirley Mueller

Droopy Basset Hound Rescue of Western PA