[Dailydrool] Acepromazine

Laura Tancredi tancgirl1980 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 5 19:13:37 PDT 2009

Hi Debbie et al
Acepromzine can cause effect for up to 12 hours.  It is a tranquilizer and can cause temporarily prolapsed 3rd eyelid, and incoordination.  The dose of Benadryl is 1mg/lb so 36 mg.  I really don't like using Ace for thunderstorms because it lasts so long and sometimes the dogs get more worried about being on Ace than they do about the storm or fireworks.  I read the melatonin note on here and checked it out.  It looks legit and medically safe.  Also the benadryl might work well.  Happy Summer!

Laura
Flash and
Ryu (non-basset Coconut Retriever Extraordinaire)