[Dailydrool] Morgan

ritabeat at aol.com ritabeat at aol.com
Mon Jul 13 12:41:16 PDT 2009

Our darling Morgan girl, who is 15 and a half, is not doing well. She is having
diarhhea at night. She won't eat her kibble, or chicken and rice. She will eat
turkey slices. She is still drinking water. She is perky in the morning, and is
getting around as well as she usually does, going outside to potty during the
day. She doesn't seem to be in any pain. Her tummy makes audible gurgly noises.
She is on Rimadyl. Any food or comfort suggestions? We are in Flagstaff, not in
Vegas with our regular vet, but we could take her to our old vet clinic here.
Lyn
Morgan

Lyn and Morgan,
?My beloved Henry was 13 when he started taking Rimadyl for joint pain. It really seemed to help, for awhile. A few months after taking it, he wouldn't eat and appeared to have trouble walking. We took him back to the vet and after a multitude of tests, she stated he had pancreatitis. We put him on different meds, but he never recovered and had to go to the bridge. We were heartbroken, especially when the vet said the Rimadyl could have started the pancreatitis. I'm not saying this is Morgan's problem, but please follow up with her vet and watch her closely.

Take care,
Rita(mom), Cassie(brat girl), and Wilbur(bug), Henry(ATB) and Cody(ATB)