[Dailydrool] Missouri is over run with Bassets

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Mon Jul 13 12:56:15 PDT 2009

I saw a post about which States are over run with Bassets well, I know first hand Missouri has to be one of the top States most over run with Bassets. Missouri is at the top of the puppy mill trade with over 100 more mills than the next highest puppy mill state. We have four Basset rescues here and two close by in Kansas we are all overrun with owner surrenders. People are so silly they just do not think those cute tumbly, trip on their own ears sweet puppies become drooling, 70lb lugs, who are stubborn, countersurfing, did I mention drooling, chew up your wallet, eat the couch, chew on the floor, begging, shedding Bassets. Some people just have no good sense not to love a Basset what is not to love? They are perfect!!  So if you need a Basset call us!! I have two sweet young females ready for adoption they would be best in a single dog home though they are grouchy. ( They have been so love starved they do not want to share people with other pets)

Congrats Connely winning the red ribbon. That is great news.

We have had two Blue Bassets come through rescue before we knew how rare they were they were adopted. But they got good homes that is what is important!! Both had no brown on them at all just Black and White and the Ticking made them look like they had Blue hair.
I am looking for another one for an adopter who lives in Independence Missouri must get along with ferrets.