[Dailydrool] Rita is now Stella

Janine Smith janine at jzine.com
Wed Jul 1 16:06:27 PDT 2009

Hennessy died last Tuesday, after 17 years of hiking, cookies, and
Bassetude. I knew I could never replace her, she was one of a kind. A few
days later I was browsing Petfinders, and saw Rita. Possibly a
Basset/Springer Spaniel mix, with a beautiful black-and-white face. I drove
up to see her at Daphneyland, and took her home. She and Johnnie the Chowboy
hit it off just fine. She's been a perfect lady, and has located all the
Basset beds around the house. She's now hiking every morning in the
mountains. I know Dawn nursed her back from near death, but you'd never know
it to look at her.

Stella Artois is a Belgian beer, hearty yet elegant. I think it suits her.

Janine

Johnnie Walker Red

Miss Stella