[Dailydrool] Arthur's tests

Ann Hefner anniebh at acsol.net
Wed Jul 1 19:39:08 PDT 2009

Arthur's blood test showed that his protein is up which is very good, and that there was none in his urine. So he is not losing it.  It's not up in the middle of the normal range, but the low end of normal range, but it is up. Had his protein still been low causing blood sugar to be low that would have possibly been the cause of the seizure.  Now the doc is thinking the seizure was an epileptic seizure, but said that is also odd since hounds usually show signs between 2 and 5 I think, so Art is kind of old to be starting this.  His liver and kidney functions were normal.  There is still the slight possibility that the antiobiotic caused the seizure, but he thinks that's a very slim chance.  So, we wait and see if he has another seizure and test his blood for protein levels in a couple of months.  Thanks to everyone who has given advice and questions to ask the doc.  Droolers are wonderful.  Ann