[Dailydrool] We're Baaaaack

Nadine Mysker nadine at mysker.com
Wed Jul 1 18:57:43 PDT 2009

Thanks to all my buddies on the DD site who sent mail, both slow and
e, during the initial grieving period for our son Kurt.  We continue
to pull ourselves up by the bootstraps and some days it is a tiny bit
easier than others but not by much. Tears still abound, sometimes for
no reason. We do know Kurt would want us to continue life with a great
deal of zeal; so be it--onward we will go but without him. Some folks
have told us to be strong for which we see no purpose.  We are what we
are. Thanks for your understanding and giving us our space.  You are
the best!

Jill the Bagel has become incredibly not needy.  Instead she has been
there through tears, heart tugging sobs, depression and anger,
patiently waiting for our new normal.  She
has taken Kurt's dog under her wing and just is more tolerant of her;
all jealously is gone.
Jill has taken to grooming Pips,  passing favorite toys over to her
and even sharing food.  Ah, to be able to read her little mind.  What
a sweetie!  Kurt would have laughed very hard!

Leave it to a bagel to help us heal. . .

Nadine Mysker
Slave to Jill the Bagel