[Dailydrool] Question about acepromazine

Debbie Wynn Debbie.Wynn at comcast.net
Sun Jul 5 11:03:20 PDT 2009

Rosie’s vet gave her some ace for her fireworks fears.  Last night I gave
her 1 ½ 25 mg. tablets.  It seemed to help somewhat with the fear (but not
completely), except she wasn’t very steady on her feet and at one point she
started holding up her back leg like it was hurting.  Today her third
eyelids are up over part of her eyes.  Is the ace causing that?  Is that
normal?  How long does it last, because I gave her 1 25 mg pill at 6 pm, and
then ½ 25 mg pill at 7 pm?

Maybe I should have just given her Benedryl – how much Benedryl would a 36
lb. basset girl afraid of fireworks need?

Debbie