[Dailydrool] Hank (the Tank)

Connie Moen two.bassets at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 12:37:13 PDT 2009

Hank is up for Basset of the Week and that seemed a good time to tell a
little about Hank.  We adopted him a year ago (6/29).  He is 8 years old and
is our first blind dog.  If you have a chance to adopt a blind dog - please
do.  It has been a most amazing learning experience.  The main requirement
is don't move furniture every week, certainly not a problem in our house - I
hate to move the furniture, even to clean.  I only took a few days and he
had the layout of the house memorized.  He could find the door to the back
yard the first day, also his water dish and food dish and his bed.  They
truly are amazing to watch as they adapt to each new situation.  He can run
in the dog park as he discovered the first week that there is a strip of
cement that runs around the park and about 8-10 inches further is the fence,
so he hits the cement and comes to a stop, turns and runs the other
direction, really fun to watch him.

We adopted Hank from Las Vegas Basset Rescue and as long as Hank lets Miss
Molly (4/14 on the Drool Calendar) rule the roost, all is well.  He loves
his trips to the park (every morning and evening, if the temps are below
100), wants to personally know everyone we meet on our walks.  He also lets
us know if anyone is within 500 feet of our house that he doesn't know,
beautiful baying bark.

If you want to see his photo just go to Basset of the Week and take a look
as he isn't in the Drool Calendar for 2009, but he will be in 2010!

Connie & Roger and the Bassets, Miss Molly of Vegas, Hank the Tank, Ernie
(atb), Alice (atb), Cleo (atb) and Duchess (atb)