[Dailydrool] Happy Birthday Brianna

jesspic5 at yahoo.com jesspic5 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 7 11:15:25 PDT 2009

My Brianna is five today.  I still remember the first time I saw her while I was walking home from work when the he-slave was stationed in Korea.  I got home and told him, "I saw this hotdog dog beagle dog thing." Three days later in runs the hot dog beagle thing which turned out to a basset puppy named Bob.  We babysat her for a week, I fell in love, then fell apart when she had to go back.  A month later the commander of the base put a restriction on what ranks could have pets.  Bob needed a new home because her owner wasn't permitted to have a dog in the barracks anymore.  So she came to us and we renamed her Brianna.  She has been with us ever since, with us through 12 of our 15 moves in the past 6 years, through countless long-term stays in hotels, flights around the world, 3 cross-country drives, and having to stay with the grandparents to ride out the in-home quarantine before her journey to HI.  Although our family has grown since Brianna came to live with us (we went from 1 cat and her to 4 cats and 2 more bassets), she will always be our first dog.  We love her more than words and I can only hope that when it comes time to leave HI that she'll still be around.  Here's to many more years with my grumpy houndie.

Drool to all in need.

-Jessica with Brianna, Tiffany, Lily, and the felines.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile