[Dailydrool] Corneal Edema

dke ellathebasset at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 7 14:45:20 PDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

I have a basset friend who is having problems with his eyes and want to see if anyone has experienced this with their basset and can help to just give us some input.

He has Corneal Edema.  The vet says the fluids behind the cornea is not draining and is causing a cloudiness with the eyes.  There is no cure and his vision will become impaired.  He also says there is no pain involved with this disease.  Has anyone had this problem with their basset and also has it ever turned into any other diseases such as glaucoma.

We need to know what treatment was given, if any.  We also want to know if the vet gave the same information, especially about pain.  We will be happy to have any and all input anyone may have about this disease.  And we thank you.

Diane and Ella Louise

Ella Louise here, da momma is haben da cat a rak surgree on hers one eye tomorrow.  dis meeens i be a bizeee girl takin da good care ob herz for a few dayz.  I will be a reedin da drool to herz and let her no if da peeple resonz to dis question.

Ella Louise