[Dailydrool] Pano or Elbow Incongruity - 2nd & 3rd opinions

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Thu Jul 9 04:44:22 PDT 2009

Becky's post like many others is very much on target ...

The thing I would add ... find your closest breed specific (Basset Hound)
rescue.  Contact them and ask who they use for most of their hounds..

If you can get to that vet, that would probably be one of your greatest
sources for all things basset and vet related.

Failing that, like maybe you're at one end of the state, and the vetman at
the other... look for breed groups ... ie Basset Hound Club(s) ... look to
see if they are closer ... and even a rescue from another state might be
near enough to you to make a couple hour trip worth while.. the key is in
getting a vet that knows bassets really really REALLY well...

That's one of the things I think I'm extremely grateful for, my local rescue
('BROOD' - Basset Rescue Of Old Dominion - www.Brood-Va.ORG) has a vet 1
hour away from me.. they have some of the lowest rates I've found for the
common stuff, and they're fairly knowledgeable on the hound, they seem to
love seeing hounds just as much as most of us basset people are... :)

-Robert