[Dailydrool] Dogs and Memories

Sue Spataro, RN, BSN sue at pinksunrise.com
Sat Jul 11 12:45:15 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm starting to believe all dogs, while they do live in the moment, also
possess memories and have definite opinions of humans and other doggies.

Our guy, Vinny, who is three years old and has been with us since he was 8
weeks, does not like a certain dog in our neighborhood. It started about 2
years ago when we were in the car and he was looking out of the closed
window. The dog in question : ), was just sitting there at the corner while
we stopped the car at the stop sign. For some reason I'll never know, Vinny,
started growling and barking at the dog. This is out of character for him.
Since then, he can see the same dog from across the street (just this
morning) and he gives a loud "don't go near me bark". I don't know, maybe
the dog communicated something to Vinny way back at the stop sign and as a
dumb human (LOL) I don't know what it means.

I think dogs know a lot more than we give them credit for,

Take care,

Sue : )