[Dailydrool] July 10th calendar day

Lisa Turnquist turnq007 at umn.edu
Mon Jul 13 15:42:01 PDT 2009

Yet another tardy slave writing in to write about her hounds' calendar day.
Friday July 10th was the MN Woofers day!  They are hanging out in the
backyard for this shot.  Sidney on the left is 14-15 years old.  He was our
introduction to fostering.  He is a wonderful gentlehound.  His health is
starting to fail a little, but he is still a happy hound and enjoys his
treats.  In the middle is Hank who was about our 20th foster and our second
foster failure.  Hank arrived at our house several years ago after
struggling in two previous foster homes.  He has lots of issues, physical
and behavioral.  Hank was almost the total opposite of gentle Sid but just
as needy in his own way.  If Hank had been our first foster I suspect we
would not have survived as foster parents.  Fortunately he was not and with
lots of support we worked it out.  Over time Hank has settled into our home,
and is a good boy- most of the time.  He is now 5.  Last but not least is
PIT Ella Marie who is 7.  Ella came from a loving and responsible breeder.
We planned for her arrival for 5 years.  We first met Ella when she was 2
weeks old when she was a little squirmy squeaky pushy youngster shoving the
other pups out of the way as she nursed.  She has ruled our lives every
since.  Ella is a force to be reckoned with but charms all she meets.  She
was my long planned return to the world of bassets and my husband's very
first dog (what an initiation!)  She was also the motivation that led us to
help with basset rescue.

All of the hounds will be traveling to Basset Fest August 22 & 23 in Muskego
WI near Milwaukee. Please stop by and say Hi if you make it there.

Lisa and the MN Woofers,

PIT Ella Marie, Sidney and Hank

www.bbrescue.org <http://www.bbrescue.org/>