[Dailydrool] The World According to Norm - The Man in the Closet

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Mon Jul 13 19:10:09 PDT 2009

It's me again - Norm!

Mom has been working upstairs in her "crap" room - you know . the room where
her computer is, where she does her sewing and does her craps . like making
stuff craps.  So, today, I decided it was time for me to go see what she has
been doing up there.  In stealth basset mode, I tippie-toed up the stairs
very quietly - not easy because the steps are hardwood and I am due for a
pedicure.  I checked out the grandkids bedroom first . everything was in
order there . although I did find an astronaut helmet under the bed.   Then
I explored the living room . no stray puzzle pieces laying around - shucks!
Those are nice and crunchy!  Moving right along . I investigated the
bathroom (that is not the same as the crap room!) - always a good place for
wayward tissues and combs to chew on.  Man - nothing there either - looks
like Dad Mr. White Glove has been in there!  Now on to the crap room - WHOA!
That was the mother lode!  There was stuff all over - both sewing machines
were out - some glue guns were on the table - fuzzy stuff all over the floor
- TWO full waste baskets with paper and fabric!  I was just checking things
out and in full sniff mode and I sensed something behind me.  My first
thought was "oh no!  Mom caught me!"  so I turned around, wagging my tail
and looking innocent, and I almost fainted!  There was a MAN IN THE CLOSET!
I mean it - A MAN IN THE CLOSET!  I immediately went into full protective
attack basset mode - barking the big boy bark - jumping around - barking
some more - but the man wouldn't move.  I had no choice - I had to attack
him!  Then . you aren't going to believe it . he fell over on me!  About
scared the stuffin' out of me.  About that time, Mom came to my rescue and
about laughed herself silly.  She kept saying - it is just a cardboard Kenny
Chesney!  She called me a chicken liver - boy!  He sure looked real to me!
I think you all ought to ask her how and why Kenny Chesney got in her
closet.

Drools to ya!

Norm (and the rest of the Red Bay Gang)

Grady, Hoagie, Johnny & Opie

Sandi Wittenberg - Mom to the Red Bay Basset Boys