[Dailydrool] dogs remembering

Alison Becker ambecker10 at msn.com
Mon Jul 13 20:02:46 PDT 2009

You know, this thread reminded me of Lizzie and how she barks her fool head off whenever ANYONE comes over.  I mean, even when the neighbors used to come over, she would go crazy.  It's like she doesn't remember people.  However, I use this to my advantage.  What I have found is if I let her out in the back yard and then let her back in, she "forgets" that the person is a stranger and thinks he/she belongs in the house. The first time I thought it was a fluke. But, I've done it several times now and it works like a charm.  I think she has no short-term memory.  I am just thankful she remembers me.

Alison