[Dailydrool] A message to Mr. Strassburger from Paddi B Basset

Mary Wilson mewilson at shaw.ca
Mon Jul 13 22:30:28 PDT 2009

Mr. Strassburger, Paddi B Basset would like you to know that True Bassets Do Not Swim. Nor do they wade. Nor are they content to be -- horrors! -- bathed.

Ms. Basset is appalled at the very idea.

Her partner, Vernon Q, will hurry through tide pools and such. He will even almost wade, if there is something really interesting to smell along the edge. (We live near a beach.) And Paddi will now, at nearly five years old, consent to hasten, shuddering,  through puddles on forest trails rather than pushing herself into the bushes at one side or the other with the inevitable entanglement of shrubbery, basset, leash and person. But seek the water, for pleasure? No, that she will not do.

Your mileage may vary, as they say, but I would not count on synchronized swimming with the Colonel!

Mary
for Paddi B Basset
(and Vernon Q Basset)