[Dailydrool] Keys & cars and spares to go

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Tue Jul 14 00:08:00 PDT 2009

Call me anal .... but ever since I started driving I've had two or three car
keys.  Even when the car is the type that you have to pay extra for the key
itself, because it has a chip hidden in the rubber of it to not disable the
car ...

The way I keep them together, and a spare at home .... is by using a quick
release key ring.  They are available at pretty much any hardware store, and
walmarts too.

Link for those in digest mode, picture for others
http://www.happcontrols.com/security/30013600.htm

Both ends get a key that starts the car, one end gets my house key and the
key fob which locks/unlocks the doors, etc.  I **always** start the car with
the portion of the key ring that has just the key on it alone.  That way I
can always press in the quick release, and take my other keys off, run back
into the house, or remotely lock/unlock doors, and activate the alarm ...

-Robert