[Dailydrool] Traveling hounds

Linda Dianis ldianis at comcast.net
Wed Jul 15 14:53:45 PDT 2009

Our dear Kezzy ATB traveled a lot in her long years-- New Hampshire,
Mass., Vermont (twice), Maine, Connecticut several times, RI,
Virginia, Delaware, NC, New York (3x), Michigan, Wisconsin, Penna,
Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri. She was a great traveler once she
gave up the idea of holding in her "business" until she got home to
her own yard. She loved camping trips too.
One time we snuck her in to a motel that somehow had "changed its
policy" of permitting pets between our phone rez and actual arrival.
Our teenage daughter and her friend, traveling with us, tried to coax
her to curl into a big tote bag they emptied, so they could smuggle
her in to their room. I will never ever forget the look she gave them
when they begged, "Kezzy! Get in the Bag!" FAR beneath her dignity.
They ended by hauling armloads of beach towels on either side of her,
as DH and I had suitcases in a parade ahead and behind her. Just a few
too many legs if you looked close.
Otis and Nelly have done some good traveling, but still only up and
down east coast.
Linda, with Oat, Nell, and FWinston