[Dailydrool] Fred's calendar photo

James Bankston jsbankston at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 16 14:08:30 PDT 2009

Thanks to everyone who sent me such kind words on the occasion of Fred's calendar day. I picked the 15th last year because I usually try to get the day he departed, but that was already full, and he was born sometime in July, so I thought the 15th would be a good choice, right in the middle.

And yes, it's hard to believe looking at that photo that he'd be sick within less than two months and gone in less than four.

Thanks for reminding me of the Bassets and the bus. As I recall I was more or less running to go from the fourth to the fifth of the six buses I used to have to take to get back and forth from my therapist. I saw some romping Bassets in someone's backyard, and I stood at the entrance to their driveway exchanging "ahroos" with them for several minutes. And yes, I'm pretty sure I missed the connecting bus.

I hope this finds you all well.

Love,
James Bankston