[Dailydrool] Urgent Advice needed ( Anals )

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Fri Jul 17 02:33:50 PDT 2009

Hi Marlene,

I know you have probably heard from a lot of DroolSlaves by now but you know how we are.  Actually anal glands can be flushed but that is usually under anesthesia or at least ACE.  I have read that it can take a long time to clear up  and isn't always successful in chronic cases.  Still I am surprised your vet didn't know about it. (Jeopardy music now playing and the Trix Rabbit is there. LOL)

My Tucker (ATB) detested going to the vet because he went so often. Can't say I blame him because I hate going to the doctor too and I am a nurse.  I found that if I altered the route and would throw in a pit stop at the river it helped.  Sometimes we went for just a ride just so he wouldn't be so nervous and think he was going to the vet.  Of course when we crossed the bridge over the river he knew and the drool would stream and he shed so much you would think he wouldn't have any hair left.  I would spend a few minutes walking him in the grassy area before we went in.  Hope Maggie has as good a day as possible at the vet.

Droolz and Belly Rubs,
Karen and The Dog House