[Dailydrool] Seniors

Candray, Nancy M. Nancy.Candray at boe.ca.gov
Fri Jul 17 09:31:57 PDT 2009

I love the seniors, up until recently all my dogs I had since puppyhood,
but once I got my first senior I don't think I can ever go back. They
are just calmer and I have less training to do. (Not that I don't like
the puppies but my lifestyle is fit for a senior) Although, I must
admit, Speedy sometimes behaves like a puppy with his compost-spreading
tendencies, garden-theft habits, and keep-the-hedgyhog-way-from-mommy
game. He has now gone from whining for attention to demanding it by
giving me the look. He knows that seniors shouldn't beg. He is calmer
then 2 years ago when we first got him. I don't know his exact age, but
we suspect he is about 7 or 8. Last year his face started turning white
and he is missing some teeth. He is a joy to have around and melts my
stress away in seconds. I love my senior hound.

And yes, Speedy, agrees too that seniors don't eat rocks, though he does
encourage to take a nibble at other things that are forbidden.

PS. Drool to Brudder Elwood that he pass his rock.

Nancy Candray

State Board of Equalization

Irvine District Office