[Dailydrool] Good Basset Vets in Cape May County, NJ?

Pat Dill padill at starband.net
Mon Jul 20 03:41:59 PDT 2009

Tri-State Basset Hound Rescue was recently contacted by a woman in rural
Cape May County, NJ, who adopted a 10-yr-old basset from a local shelter
about a week ago.  She is a first-time dog owner whose heart went out when
she saw Flower, taken in as a stray, in a place where she wouldn't have long
to live.  She contacted us for some basic advice on bassets.  Flower is
having some medical issues that could use the expertise of an experienced
basset vet who doesn't charge an arm and a leg.  From what we've been told,
it seems that the old gal desperately needs dental work and an evaluation
for arthritis/limping.  The rescuer is very motivated but has limited funds.
The shelter gave her a coupon for a free visit to a participating vet, and
although he said that Flower's teeth were "terrible," he also said that she
was too old to do anything about it.  Ten isn't too old in my book, and
since he apparently did not blood work or lab tests, I don't see how he
could have reached that conclusion.

Can anyone give me a referral to a vet in the area who might be willing to
work with this woman?  We're delighted to see someone willing to lay it on
the line and take in a senior hound as a very first dog!!!

Pat Dill