[Dailydrool] Help with problem

wesley & londa weslon at windstream.net
Mon Jul 20 06:04:23 PDT 2009

Hi Drool family. I read mostly but I need help with a different problem.
 One of my neighbors allows his dogs to run free. Georgia Law states that
Pets and livestock are property.. and the law also says you will maintain
your property.
  ANYWAY, Wesley and I are over the road truck drivers and we are only home
two days a week.. when we get home the neighbors dog comes to our house..
  Well it is a lab puppy about 9 months old.. and it is MARLEY.. he eats
everything, has destroyed my flowers on my porch, my rugs, chair cusions,
when its hot and it stays hot here in ga this time of year he helps himself
to my water features in my yard, my koi pond and my splash fountian..
  I have taken him home 3 times, I called animal control for our county..
they dont catch dogs any longer and take them to the pound, they take them
to a vet in the area and he puts the animal down,, no questions ask..
  I do not want to have to  call animal control.. i called the vet and he
said that is the new county policy....
  SO, i take marley home- he weighs in at 55 pounds now, and wrote a letter
in plain english... explaining to these people what is going to happen to
their puppy if they do not keep him home.. there are kennels in the yard..we
live out in the country,...last time- with puppy and letter in hand i go..
two cars in yard, music BLARING from inside the house, until we bang on the
door.. music goes softer,, no one opens the door.. we knock again,, no
answer.. their yard has been trashed as well. they have chickens and other
farm animals running loose in the yard.. no answer as we knock the third
time...
so i let marley out, he looks around and says oh hay im home thanks guys..
and he goes up on the deck and lays down by his food bowl....
  i forgot,, the first time we took him home there were people in the yard
and we ask them was this their pup and they say yeah just let him go. and i
explain to her about his destroying my plants and things and she just looks
at me and says thanks for bringing him home!
 anyway ,months later he comes and goes  but i just cant have him destroying
my house..
  so i call the county sheriff.. they send out  someone and i tell him my
story, introduce him to Marley and ask him could he please go and tell these
people the pup is going to be put down because they wont take care of him...
 the deputy does,, and returns and tells us the same story.. two cars in
yard loud music but no one would answer his knocks or his blowing the horn..
so he leaves and comes back,, he tells us that he called the animal control
and they would be by to get the dog...
 I am a animal lover for all my life... This is  killing me but i cant keep
taking him home, and begging these people to keep him in his pen...
  Im not asking for any advice..or maybe  i am... I just wanted to vent and
share this heartbreak with other people like me.. maybe someone could have a
suggestion? Marley is still here this morning more damage to my things and
my beautiful plants... but this guy will come along and get him shortly..
  Its just wrong.. but with moneys cut from the county they are cutting back
everywhere.. people wont take care of their animals..the deputy says write
down the damages and send them a bill..
gee thanks sir that is really helping ,, and when i go out of town my house
burns to the ground?? a little drama yeah i know, but i do not know these
people.. people who hide when you go to their house?
   Sorry this is so long but you have been my family for way over 8 yrs and
i know i can tell you anything and you will offer help any way you can..
 I told the Deputy that if and when the dog catcher comes to my house i dont
want to know.. dont call me back and say its done,, i just want to think
Marley went home and they aretaking better care of him...~~~SIGH~~~
Tearfully
Londa momslave and shared mom slave to Zero and Freckles, basset gurls
(sisters) joined at the hip....
who come once a month and visit so Zero can still love her mom and dad slave
but also love her new family as well...
Drool to all in need and prayers for the slaves..