[Dailydrool] Artie is eating again!

KR1204 at aol.com KR1204 at aol.com
Mon Jul 20 07:05:02 PDT 2009

Well, Ellie- you are completely trained. Not only cooking for Artie but
soliciting recipes too! I have always cooked for my bassets. When I got my
first  basset, her breeder Peg Walton, wrote on the instructions that I was to
cook  rice, meat and veggies and feed with her kibble. My gang gets rice,
hamburger, carrots, green beans and what ever other leftovers I find for the
pot. Sometimes when it has cooled, I mix in plain unflavored yogurt. An ice
 cream scoop full goes on everybody's kibble. Fosters have thoroughly
enjoyed it  also.
Yes, you will find a can or two of Alpo in the cupboard for when I am
seriously behind but that is rare. Wellness does make a canned food that is 90%
meat but it is pricey. I get that for bassets who need to be on soft food
for a  day or two (like after a dental) or if one is not feeling well or when
I go to  the Boardwaddle and transporting home cooked food is a pain.
Kathy with Crackers, Loki and Jordan
**************What's for dinner tonight?  Find quick and easy dinner ideas
for any occasion.
(http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?ncid=emlcntusfood00000009)