[Dailydrool] Henry With Repawt of Tip to Oregon for the Oregon Basset Games

Houndy2 at aol.com Houndy2 at aol.com
Tue Jul 21 21:01:18 PDT 2009

We are back! It waz sure fun! Me,Tallulah, and my best furrend playing
buddy Stuie all went frum the Basset Rescue of Puget Sound. Stuie n me wanted
to  eat up the "Bully Stix" frum the Raffle Basket but it turned out that
Janice  Colvin's Cousin won it so that is good that we minded our manners and
didn't  hogg the Bully Stix up.

So, we were riding along down South I-5 and the roof..the whole Roof of a  t
railer blew off the careening trailer and we all watched it happen and
Aunty  Patty dodged the HUGE entire ceiling of a trailer as it bounced along the
 freeway right in front of us!

We were all Thankful to be alive that's for sure! Anyhow we Waddled at the
Oregon Basset Rescues Waddle. Waddling with the Mayors dogs too! that was
fun  because her boy dog is about the most handsome dog in the world and her
girl dog  is the most oldest cutest little old rescue girl that ever rode in
a wagon.  Anyhow we waddled and waddled all around the Woodburn Mall and
then...THEN we  went SHOPPING at the pet store there everything was 50% off!
Weeee the whole  store was filled with waddle-ee's. Mostly doing "Flat
Basset" though me 'n this  odder guy we did some dueling Bang Bang Dead Basset
tricks and got reailly wore  out and reilly reilly had to lie down on the cool
cement floor a LOT and we sure  loved making the people laugh who were in
that fun store. We all got lots of  toys. Chickies for Stuies family and
Tallulah got her Gus a Birfday shirt for  his biG PAWTY coming up soon!!!

Then we went to the BBQ and there was this biGG corral of Basset Hounds and
 we all barked, howled, played or flopped down while the humans had delish
dinners of burgers, BBQ shish kabobs and Homemade tasting salads like Mom
used  to make. Mmmm.

Our fearless leader Bob the doG who was there and got a cool basket of
stuff with his fambly (I am in LOVE with his Jazzy 'n my Momma went nutsy for
her too...soooo smooshy a beautiful huggable houndie!Jazzy of stellar beauty
and  Bassetty charm.

So it was a little embarsein my Mom could'nt take her big paws offa petting
 that Jazzy girl..but THEN we  took off down the road to Aunty Elke's  and
Uncle Richard's Basset Bed 'n Breakfast and played and played in their fun
yard making everybody smile and laugh some more. They have so much fun
watching  us and sippin Sangria cooling off on the 90* sunny day!

Then the next day the fun really was happnin because there was this MAZE
thing to navigate (Stuie ALMOST made it to Placing in the ribbons but his
time  was too slow 'cause he figured out a New and different way to go Around
and  through one part of the maze (sideways moving the maze then Backwards
through a long windy tube)  (my Buddy Stuie is talented and  ingenius but his
plan for getting throgh the maze took a few seconds longer  going his
creative way through!  Too bad it made him seconds slower but he  was so brave!
Yay and he got his lemon nilla wafer cookies too!  Stuie saz  how he LOVES
lemon Nilla wafers! lol  Tallulah didn't go for the Maze but  she sure was the
most beuteeful mermaid ever! I gotta wear the octopus suit and  Stuie a Sea
Serpent! 3 Under-the-sea .

Everybody was a winner costume but the winners for the costume contest were
 4 Prisioners in black and white Jail suits AND a rolling JAIL with a fine
old  "Most Wanted" Foster Failure old beautiful Basset who won First Place
and the  King and Queen of Norway won 2nd and a beautiful Hawaiian Girl! My
favorite favorite was the Covered Westward Ho wagon!!! lol Alll the costume
contestants were fab! You shouldda seen the gold fish...lushious bubble eye
 swishy gold fish! Wonderful! ALL of the costumes were wonderful!
All the costumes were so fun and the games too. Stuie also almost finished
first in the Synchronized Swimming Contest and I ALMOST got first place in
the  longest ears contest. We had so much fun!

My earpans getting shorter 'cause of me having my brains arriving at my 2nd
 Birfday and me bein so much smarter like Stuie and Tallulah now cause we
all  have our CGC (Canine Good Citizen) AND our k9 Camp LLC Certificate of
Training  for Clicker Training & Tricks Class so my ears measuredf in shorter!
 lol
(we all took that class from Claudia at "Bow Wow Towne"..anyhow my Mom said
 maybe my Ears got shorter because my head filled up really big with
smarts and yes my pointy head got more fuller it probably shortened my  ears.Real
funny Mom..ha ha ha I forgot to laff.

We got back to E & R's Baseet Bed & Breakfast and played some more  and
then they took off and left us back at "E & R's B&B" where it was  kool. They
went to a Chicken n Dumplings Resturant on the river and brouht us  home a
chicken dumpling to share! Mmm

Next morning Stuie found a board in the fence and worked it out at the
bottom wif his big nose and so he disapeared next door visiting the neighbors
barky Doxie. Tallulah and me we could'nt fit through but it was still pretty
fun  and exciting when all the hoomans ran around like crazed nutheads in
their PJ's  looking for Stuie who had slipped  next door and was missing for
5 minutes.  Wow..hoomans sure get eggcited sometimes.

If you could you shold go next year if you culd to the Oregon Baset Games
cause it was an easy going fun time with friendly people and Hounds. Not one
Grr  and yes lots and lots of smiles and areally fun fun fun time!

Well I gotta go now and play with some of my  new 50% off toys. Gee I
heard my hooman telling my odder human the NEXT year we R brinin MORE MONEY for
da good Raffle Baskets Tickets for Rescue and for the 50% off store! They
were  reilly nice folks there too. They laughed at us all flopping around on
the cool  floor of the huge  jammed with every doggy thing under the sun
store.  People enjoyed us all..our fine sefs as us allflopping around on the
cool floor  of their store and drinking up the cool water there, n socializing
as only  Bassets can...Stellarly.
Love and Woofin, Henry
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221823310x1201398722/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=