[Dailydrool] grooming

Reed and Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Tue Jun 23 08:21:53 PDT 2009

Bassets have two kinds of coat - hard straight guard hairs, the ones that
work their way into your foot  like a needle, and soft fluffy
undercoat.  They are best removed using different tools.  this
time of year, the biggest job is removing the underfluffies.  for
that I recommend some tyhpe of stripping tool with a serated blade or a
stripping stone.  If your basset is really molting badly, the process
can be begun using a slicker brush, but that won't get it all.  Once
you've gotten all the underfluffies you can you need to remove the loose
outer hairs.  That's what the Zoom Groom is good for.  I find
that the grooming process tends to raise dandruff, so I like to finish off
with either a wipedown with a chunk of velvet or with a dense natural
bristle brush.  You can freshen the coat and give it extra shine by
spritzing it with a little Listerine before the wipedown.

I am
still selling the crazy basset lady grooming kits that contain all you
need, except the Listerine.  Profits go to Basset Buddies Rescue in
Wisconsin

crazy basset lady

MAKE DROOL NOT WAR

Please take time to visit these websites:
Rebec Bassets at

www.rebecbassets.com
Basset Buddies Rescue, Inc. at
www.bbrescue.org