[Dailydrool] Rescue Group giving away Sr & Special Needs Bassets

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Wed Jun 3 09:57:46 PDT 2009

Just The Dog House Gangs thoughts.

A Senior/Special Needs Basset Sale or maybe a Permanent Foster home where
the foster is responsible for all costs could be a wonderful option for those rescues
that need a little more room in foster homes.   I am not saying that seniors/special
needs bassets are not wonderful additions to any home or deserving of the same
love and care as there younger healthier drooler family but they do sometimes
require at least a little more care.  If they are in the same area maybe arrangements could be
made where the rescue vet gives them the "rescue discount". I still think that the potential adopters
should go through all the hoops.

Another thought is a Senior Sale for senior citizens. Honestly, they may be able to afford the
care but the adoption fee may be more than they can do at one time.
(I know "payment plans" don't always work.)  I am sure that there are many that would
love to have the companionship of a drooler but don't want the higher energy of a
younger drooler.  They may want just what our beloved seniors want: leisurely walks,
nice cuddles and just someone that will love them unconditionally.  I look at my rescued senior
Nelly Belle and think,  " One like her would be absolutely perfect for a senior citizen".

I know the Rescues spend a bundle of $$$ on the rescues and need the money so
maybe they could set up a donation site designed to help cover the adoption fees for
senior and special needs bassets.   Specifically for senior citizens, one  can have a donation "can"
at the different events.  Maybe put a picture of a a senior citizen with a senior houndie and say something like
"Seniors need love too.  Help our Seniors adopt a Senior."  Of course you could do the same thing for the
Special needs bassets as well.

We send drool to all those who may need it,
Karen and The Dog House Gang