[Dailydrool] Senior Sale

Shirley snoozinhounds at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 3 18:56:17 PDT 2009

I did not see the original post so if someone could send it to me offline I
would appreciate it.

I love the seniors.  I have 2 seniors ages 12 & 10 both rescues and both
wonderful.  I can’t begin to tell you the joy , love and companionship that
these 2 bring to me.  One was abused by someone and has some issues along
with scar tissue along his spine.  He is still after 9 ½ years with us  is
careful around work boots, so you do the math.   The other had food
aggression issues that needed to be worked thru with patience  since before
coming to us she would have to hold her own against a great dane to get
food.

I paid an adoption fee for my hounds and would do it again willingly.  They
give to my family so much more than the adoption fee that we paid.

Having been in rescue many years I know that it is the young dogs that are
the first to be adopted.  They are the ones that most folks look for
especially if they have just lost a dog.  The heartbreak of losing a beloved
hound is something that they don’t want to repeat any time soon so look to
the young dogs with that in mind.  Of course common sense tells us that
young dogs also make the trip to the bridge but adopters look at it
differently.

Adoption is a matter of the heart!!!!  You meet a dog and the dog chooses
you as much as you choosing the dog.  For me it is the seniors that catch my
eye first. I am fortunate to belong to a rescue that also loves the senior
hounds and we have several.  So we post them to the website and occasionally
one is adopted if not they live out their lives in the comfort of a foster
home.

Then there are the special people like Barb who just recently adopted out
sweet BESSIE  10+ yrs what a delight it was to meet Bessie who thru all her
problems, need for  weight gain and surgeries she remained the sweet hound
that she is now.  How can you not love the seniors.

We travel back and forth from CA to PA  quite often and the hounds make the
drive with no problems or issues.  They are content to look out the windows,
nap, stretch their legs when we do and get back and do it again.   (try that
with a pup).  If you want the love of your life look to a senior hound.

Shirley Mueller

Mom to Harrison, Sally Belle (with Barney boy,Sherman, Cleopatra and Fritz
at the Bridge.)