[Dailydrool] Incessant whining

Drew McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Thu Jun 4 06:27:27 PDT 2009

Sounds as if Watson is nervous about your leaving him. Perhaps he has
separation anxiety? You might try the method that's generally recommended
for this--leaving Watson alone in another room for a very, very short time,
then increasing the time slowly. Reward him for not whining.

If you need more information, just Google "canine separation anxiety." There
are plenty of sites that will give you more detailed instructions.

Our Belvedere, who is always nervous when he knows I am going out, has a
different method for joining me in the bathroom. If the door is almost
completely closed, he uses his tongue to open it. I'm amazed that he's never
hurt himself doing it. But there is a place where the paint on the bathroom
door is pretty much worn off.
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets