[Dailydrool] incessant whining

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 11:52:03 PDT 2009

Cowboy also does this in the morning but I do not attribute it to him
fearing me leaving or any type of seperation anxiety. Rupert is my velcro
man, Cowboy couldn't care less, he's so independent. However, several days a
week, hopefully not until 6, but often earlier, he wakes us with whining
that gets louder and louder, along with scratching at the mattress. I can
ignore the whine but the scratching gets to me and he knows it. Anyway,
sometimes he wants me to feed him but more often he just wants attention. If
I get out of bed and he runs to the stairs then its usually about breakfast
but if he lies down and rolls over for a bellyrub then its obviously a cry
for attention.

Since I work days and James works nights, I try my best to please Cowboy so
as not to wake James with the whining. When I get ready for work he usually
sits by the bathroom door, whining and/or watching as I get ready. But as
soon as I leave for work, he usually just goes to sleep on the couch or goes
up to sleep with James. Rarely does he continue whining in turn waking
James. If thats the case, we usually realize he has a bellyache and give
some gas-x which he takes and goes back to sleep.

I think the "morning whine" is more of a special thing to him since he knows
he wont see me again until 5pm. Its like his little routine to get some
mama-lovin before he starts his day. I dont mind it, I enjoy my cowboy-lovin
sessions, unless I'm running late, then it can be kind of annoying, lol.

Kacy w/Cowboy and Rupert

--
Cow: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/531112
Ru: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/799430