[Dailydrool] Bad morning, seniors and calendar dates

Carmen Kraus kdbeads at verizon.net
Fri Jun 5 12:19:39 PDT 2009

Bad Morning:
Hubby let the dogs out this morning before he went to work, must have
let them stay too long because Kelvin has been throwing up grass.
I went to feed them and of course Kelvin doesn't want food, he wants
grass. In all of the madness at feeding time he started acting up so I
scolded him with a firm 'No, eat your food' and grabbed him by the
collar and let him to his food so he could at least try to eat his meds
out of the sour cream. This is a normal occurrence with Tesla so it's
just a reaction for me, take her by the collar (gently but firmly) and
lead her back to her food, sometimes 10 times a meal before she eats.
But instead of an annoyed look or something like it Kelvin tucked tail,
scurried into the corner under Telsa's dish and started cowering and
shaking and whimpering like I had beat him. When I tried to sooth him he
scurried to another corner to avoid me. The look in his eyes nearly
killed me, he was terrified of me.
We had already come to the conclusion that he was abused, he's terrified
of weight lifting equipment of nearly any type. We moved all that out to
the garage so he can't see it. Hubby brought in a baseball bat a few
weeks ago and Kelvin tucked tail and peed himself so it stays in the
garage as well.
Since the incident this morning he has kept me at length, he'll follow
me but from across the room or down the hall. He will not accept any
treats from me at all. It's already going to be a bad day with the grass
eating but adding this on top it's going to really be horrible.
Experience is to give them space and let them come around on their own
time but it's hard I tell ya, hard. Especially when they've been a
velcro dog for 6 months.

Senior dogs:
We waive fees for senior dogs (any critter over 8 for us) if we can find
a great home for them.  In our area it gives some incentive to adopt a
dog that has already gone through it's terrible twos.  If you are in TX
and are looking for a 'senior' basset, contact me, we do have 2 ready
for adoption.

Calendar dates:
I got the date I wanted!!!!  Kelvin has his wet self a date on the calendar.

Carmen