[Dailydrool] Foster Failure

jasperlabs at frontiernet.net jasperlabs at frontiernet.net
Wed Jun 10 15:26:58 PDT 2009

OK, so I took in this adorable lemon and white ten month old buppy, Stella Bean, in March to foster.  Had her to the vet for her checkup.  She has hip displaysia.  There were two different people interested in her, until I told them about her medical problem.  Sooo....I though "someone will come along that will love her, despite her hip problems".  So I waited all the way till April (I'd had her for about a month by then) and knew no one was going to take care of her like I would.  (Not that I gave anyone else a chance :)  So I e-mailed ABC and told them I would like to adopt the Bean.  She is the softest, sweetest Basset.  So here's my problem:  umm....I haven't told the DH that Stella is now ours.  He keeps saying "I wonder if anyone will ever adopt her"  and I keep going "hmmmm...I don't know"  I think he must have an inkling about my devious plan, but I wondered if anyone had any tips on how to break the news to him.  He's a sweet guy, but I just need a good way to tell him MY wonderful news :)  We (me, Elvis, Daisy and Stella) would appreciate any ideas.  Thanks!

Jeanie, Elvis, Daisy & now Stella Bean