[Dailydrool] This n That

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 12:05:10 PDT 2009

First and foremost, we are so happy to read about both *Stella Bean* and *
Ruby's* recent adoptions. Foster failures are always some of the best
stories IMO.

Ruby is adorable (Congrats!) as is your cake topper, Danielle. Lauri did an
amazing job!!!

Arlene, regarding telling the hubby about Stella. I liked Bev's idea about a
father's day gift...that is if you can keep the secret until the 21st.
Otherwise I also liked the "It's a girl" idea. Either way I am sure the Bean
will make him understand that she is meant to be where she's at. Congrats!!!

Elder Clara's "from the perch" story had me trying to stifle my laughter as
I shouldn't be "drooling" while at work, hehehe. Then to follow up with the
Brudder's rude awakening story, I just couldn't help myself from out-loud
laughter. Too funny those two are!

Re: Rene'es question about Costco food. We switched to the Kirkland lamb and
rice dry food when we adopted Rupert in an effort to save money while still
feeding a pretty good quality food. The boys do really well on it as long as
I add warm water and usually a "mix-in" (they perfer cheese but take what
they can get) One time while feeling nice I bought a case of the wet foor, a
mix of the chicken and lamb formulas - nope, neither boy would touch it.
They'll eat spoonfuls as a treat, but not as their meal or even as their
dry-food "mix-in". I ended up giving it all to the local shelter along with
a full bag of the Chicken dry-food formula that they refused to eat when I
accidently bought it instead of the lamb. Hmmphf, talk about spoiled
bassets!
I think thats it for now. We attended the San Diego Basset Rescue picnic
last weekend and the boys had loads of fun. Cowboy drug me around the park
non-stop the entire day. We didnt enter any contests because there was no
way I could handle the two of them gracefully in front of a crowd. Plus,
Cowboy is known for howling his butt off the whole day and then going mute
the second we enter the ring for a howling contest. By the end of the day
Rupert was pooped, trying to catch some shut-eye everytime we paused. When
we left he couldn't even hop into the car and had his eyes shut before I'd
started the engine. Once home, Cowboy was asleep on the porch (couldn't even
make it inside) and Ru fell asleep in the front doorway, lol. To be honest
though I didnt last much longer, they thoroughly wore me out and I was
napping within an hour. Overall it was really fun and I even got to meet a
few droolers, my favorite part since I feel like I know you all already,
lol.

Anyroo, drool to all.
Kacy w/Cowabunga and Ruey

--