[Dailydrool] ear infection

Renee Kummerer msbbeabear at comcast.net
Thu Jun 11 11:52:47 PDT 2009

I am having problems with a foster girl who had a bad infection in both ears.  Took a month to clear it up at a 400.00 bill. Her ears were cultured and found to have 3 different kinds of bacteria.  She was put on Baytril oral and Baytril ear drops.  She cleared up nicely.  Now after three weeks,  she seems to be moist and infected in the right ear only again.  I have Baytril so I started her back on it.  She seems better.  The vet told  me not to clean the ears.  Never heard of this with a Basset.  I don't want to go back to the vet and rack up another bill for the rescue.  Does anyone know what might work for her to keep her ears free of infection?  Maybe a closepin would help to keep her ears up.  LOL.  This is such an ongoing problem with her.  Does anyone know if certain foods would cause her to be prone to this?
Thanks, Renee