[Dailydrool] Dad is SO busted!

Shannon Gerdel bassethoundbutler at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 14:33:21 PDT 2009

Babe, Boomer, and Arnie here,

Dad slave is not able to write this letter, he is too ashamed. And, might I
add, he should be. That bad old  Dad slave, oops, Butler! Dad demanded that
we quit calling him "slave". He was talking to a friend of his one day about
Polly ticks (ooh, we know that ticks are bad, we don't ever want ticks), and
Dad says that someone else called him a racist, what ever that is. Ever
since then, he has told us if we call him slave, he's going to get really
upset. Not that Boomer doesn't delight in upsetting Dad! hehehehe.

Dad was reading something the other day, and he saw that Blossom and
Mitchell were gone, and he just started crying. He scared us and Mom, and
she came running to find out what was wrong with Dad. He said that Blossom
and Mitchell went to the Bridge, and then Mom started crying too. We was all
crying. We love all of the Basset Hounds, and we hate it when we hear that
someone we love has gone to the rotten Bridge.

Dad's been saying for days that he needed to contact the Drool, and he was
so ashamed that he did not know that his friends, and our friends needed
drool. You have all been so good to our Mom and Dad, and they have not kept
in touch very well. Mom helped to do a transport last weekend, but that's
not the same as keeping in touch with all of you.

The last straw was today when he read that one of our Aunts was worried
about Dad. She said that she hadn't heard from Dad in a long time, and she
was worried. Dad started to get upset again today.  Dad did not mean to make
anyone worry. Dad is so sorry, and he asked me to ask you to forgive him and
Mom, and he says that they will try to keep in better contact.

We Hounds is all doing good. Mom and Dad are good too. They even had enough
money to buy two Calendars this year. Dad is so thankful for the people that
have bought us calendars before. Mom and Dad look and them every Day and
show them to us, and we all laugh together.

We send Drool, and the salt from Dad and Mom's tears, and we hopes that
everyone is safe and well. If Dat Dumb Old Dad (DDOD) doesn't write soon,
someone tell me, and I'll bite him on the foot.

In Drool with Houndie Hugs and Snooter Kisses from the Casper Crew

Boomer: dogster.com/dogs/235129
Babe: dogster.com/dogs/261208
Arnie: dogster.com/dogs/281040
Shannon (an absolute, total, complete BassetCase):
myspace.com/shannongerdel
facebook.com/people/Shannon-R-Gerdel/1246186617
bassethoundbutler at gmail.com