[Dailydrool] Dogs who don't play

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 14 19:56:06 PDT 2009

I can't speak about rescues who don't play but I do know that all bassets are not play bassets.  We got our Sherlock when he was about three months old from what I would now call a back yard breeder and when playfulness in his litter was passed out, he didn't get any.  Sherlock did not play at all ever.  He cuddled, loved, snuggled, counter cruised, ate any stick of butter he could filch, but he NEVER EVER played.

He was an old man as a puppy.  There were three little boys who tried to play with him, not so gently at times, but he did not respond.  Sherlock was a lovely basset in many ways.  He is the only male we have had.  I miss my Sherlock Roams.

Julie with Ninja, Marley, Maggie and Shelby

And Daisy, Sassy, Sherlock and Sunny ATB