[Dailydrool] Bassets Who Won't Play

Lilie Basset Liliebasset at comcast.net
Mon Jun 15 13:25:57 PDT 2009

Lilie has never played.  Daisy the Yorkie has a massive number of toys
because she'd play 24 hours a day if she didn't have to sleep once in a
while.  Lilie grew up with Daisy, but was never interested in anything but
chewing her rawhides.

When Daffodil walked into the house, Daisy took one look at her and saw a
fellow player.  I actually watched while she, with one look, transferred Top
Dog title to Lilie and she then settled in to play.  They are still at it,
well over a year later.

Lilie and Daffodil will occasionally play Alligator Mouth, but Lilie fades
out after just a few minutes.   Since we've had her since puppyhood, we know
that she's never been abused, or taken from her Mom too early.  She's simply
not into playing.

Our dogs are just like people.  Each one is different and has their own
likes and dislikes.  Sometimes they are a bit too much like people...!

Katie, Lilie and Daffodil