[Dailydrool] Daffodil Had Her Nails Cut

Lilie Basset Liliebasset at comcast.net
Mon Jun 15 13:37:05 PDT 2009

On Saturday I took Daffodil to the vet for a nail cutting.  We had
previously learned that my sweet, brainless, loving baby needed to be
muzzled for this procedure.

We were sitting in the waiting room when a vet tech came out and said that
the vet said that they'd do it in the backroom and they'd bring her out when
she was done. No Mommy, huh?  OK.

A few minutes later, after some very noisy sounds, 2 vet techs and the vet
arrived back in the waiting room with Daffodil in her halter and a slip
lead, too.  It seems that she wouldn't even let them put the muzzle on
her...and "she tried to take chunks out of us" (their words - said with
great surprise).  Would Mom please put the muzzle on adorable little Daffy?

Sure.  I took the muzzle and did my best schoolmarm imitation while putting
it on her..."I cannot believe that you are behaving in this ridiculous
manner...etc".    She sighed.  Deeply.  We all went into an exam room where
I held her head (the part with the teeth although they were muzzled), and
the vet and one of the techs did her nails as fast as they could.  I did
mention to Daffy that she didn't want to be banned from the vet's
office...and I think I saw a sparkle in her eye.

Katie, Lilie (who goes next week and gets muzzled, too) and Daffodil.  Daisy
the Yorkie LOVES to have her nails cut.